Sample Blog Please Use Question Below
Sample Blog Please Use Question Below
The purpose of this assignment it to understand and evaluate service encounters from your perspective as a customer. In addition, keeping the blog will sensitize you to the various service issues we will be covering in this course.
Every learner in this class will complete a service encounter blog outlining two service encounters. After the service encounter is described, the experience will be analyzed in relation to the textbook chapter concepts/terms for that week/period.
We all have a number of service encounters every week, everything from restaurants, banks, airlines, dry cleaners, travel agencies, phone and cable providers, public transport and libraries to medical services. Each blog entry will correspond to one service encounter you have had over the term. Collect a variety of types of incidents (i.e., don’t do only restaurants); including some that you find very satisfying and some that are very dissatisfying. The best way to complete your blog is to record each one immediately following a particular encounter.
Analyze your entries in relation to the chapters covered during that week or over that period and identify five to seven common threads that relate to the text. Write a short 2 to 3 pages (approximately 1000 words) report (12 pt.) describing your encounter and relate your encounter to chapter concepts. Include page number references for the analysis. Include external resources for additional insight.
Each journal entry should include the following:
- Number of the blog in the title (i.e. Blog 1, Blog 2)
- Name of service firm, type of service (e.g., airline, bank)
- Date and time of encounter
- Chapter(s) service encounter relates to
- Identify concepts from the ( chapter 8,11-1) which will be discussed in the blog in the beginning of the blog
- Price of service (for relationship-type services, e.g., your cell phone or banking service, provide your average monthly bill or fees)
- Describe your encounter briefly, so that someone who was not there would know what happened. Include the following in additional to other descriptors
- What were your expectations?
- Details of the services, interactions with staff, facilities, etc.
- Were your expectations met?
- How would you rate your level of satisfaction with this encounter on a scale of 1 to 7– extremely dissatisfied’ to 7 ‘extremely satisfied’.
- What were your reasons for satisfaction or dissatisfaction associated with each incident
- How would you describe your reaction to this encounter? Include in your description
- Include your feelings and emotions at that time (e.g., angry, sad, happy, etc.). Why did you feel that way?
- How likely is it that you will go back to that service provider/firm? Rate on a scale from one ‘definitely not’ to 7 ‘definitely yes’. What could the employee/firm have done to make you happier with the encounter? Alternatively, what did the employee/firm do that made you happy with the encounter?
- If it was an unsatisfactory experience, include any attempt by the firm to recover from the service failure.
- Why would you return or not return to that firm? (Provide details, especially when there is a big discrepancy between your satisfaction and your repeat patronage intention?)
- Identify concepts/terms from the chapters scheduled for the period that relate to the encounter. Relate each encounter to chapter concepts for the specified period. Cite chapter references with page numbers. Cite external references using APA style (include web URL or permalink instead of the “doi” so that I can access the article). Use only journals/periodicals that are in the public domain or that are on the Camosun library database. If other journals are used, provide a complete copy of the journal article.
- Under Chapter contents in the textbook online resource, Mindtap, you will find a section called Key terms. These are useful in determine the concepts/terms in relation to your experience.
- Use references from scholarly sources.
- Popular sources can be used, but they need to be supported with an additional scholarly source.
- are original research published in academic or research journals
- are researched and written by experts in the field
- are usually peer-reviewed (meaning they are evaluated by other experts in the same field)
- citations are included
- are usually longer in length, about 10-30 pages
- these are general interest stories which may refer to research but do not contain original research – keep these to a minimum in your writing.
- these may or may not be credible.
- usually written by the general public
- are not peer-reviewed
- very rarely include citations
- are usually shorter in length, about 200 words to a few page
Please find the attached textbook and the sample blog
Please use simple easy language and vocab
Service BlogThe purpose of this assignment it to understand and evaluate service encounters from your perspective as a customer. In addition, keeping the blog will sensitize you to the various