Analytical Response to Video Case Study – 5 best ways to perform an analysis
This task requires you to demonstrate the ability to analyse a teaching and learning episode and consider the strategies the teacher has used to create and maintain a safe, positive learning environment. Analytical response
For this task you will select a video from the provided AITSL Illustrations of practice. You may need to infer some of the principles, strategies and understandings that underpin what you see/hear in the video.
Explain the basis for your inferences.You are aiming to identify the link/s between the teaching, the resulting learning (engagement) and the climate that has been established in the class.
This critical analysis should:• convey the impact of teacher behaviour on learning and student wellbeing.• identify the ways the students in the class are achieving success in their learning.
• evaluate why aspects of the teaching experience are effective and/or need improving.• clearly identify the elements of an effective teaching and learning experience. Analytical response
• consider the classroom management strategies employed to create and maintain this learning environment (including the classroom or equivalent learning space set-up). analytical response
• explicitly draw on (and reference) content from MODULES attached to support your thinking.• make reference to the APSTs Required Elements. analytical response
– when structuring your response, ensure you include the following: Details of video case: Include the title and web link of your selected case study with your student details on the cover sheet you will submit. analytical response
In the analysis, provide a brief overview of the AITSL video including the year level, school, curriculum area and what the teacher and students are doing.
Ensure you capture the teaching and learning episode by describing the specific actions, behaviours and attitudes of the teacher(s) and students.
How does the teacher effectively engage the class as a whole, and individual students in particular? Provide examples from the video and draw on theory to explain the teacher’s behaviour and the implicit classroom management principles, values and processes which underpin this case.
How is student wellbeing supported? Professional Learning: How does this teacher’s approach to his/her classroom align with your own evolving pedagogical stance?
What are the similarities and differences? What have you learned about the relationship between well-structured teaching programs, respectful teaching practice and safe, positive, and inclusive learning environments?
Reference List: Cite all resources referred to in your analysis using APA 7 referencing style.
*Ensure you have a complete reference list In responding to this task, you will be demonstrating
• your ability to critically investigate a professional practice-related case• analytically apply complex ideas, theories, and established knowledge and compare tthem to your own
• orally present a succinct, lucid, and illustrated synthesis of your professional learning